Tuesday's Treasures.
this has been such an enjoyable time. on Tuesday's when I have my latest treasure ,darling grandson with me I also get to ponder things and people that have been important in my life. today I want to show you 2 brooches that are treasures.The top brooch I wore for my wedding(something old) It is from my great grandma . It is made up of 4 1895 sixpences.put on a barrette. My granny ,as such lived behind us and I absolutely adored her and my grandfather. the bottom picture is the baby brooch of my hubby's grandma. She gave it to my daughter as she was the first girl in the family for a couple of generations. I understand this baby brooch to be at least 120 yrs old.
Thank you Clare for starting this.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Tuesday's Treasures.
this has been such an enjoyable time. on Tuesday's when I have my latest treasure ,darling grandson with me I also get to ponder things and people that have been important in my life. today I want to show you 2 brooches that are treasures.The top brooch I wore for my wedding(something old) It is from my great grandma . It is made up of 4 1895 sixpences.put on a barrette. My granny ,as such lived behind us and I absolutely adored her and my grandfather. the bottom picture is the baby brooch of my hubby's grandma. She gave it to my daughter as she was the first girl in the family for a couple of generations. I understand this baby brooch to be at least 120 yrs old.
Thank you Clare for starting this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
proud parents
10 comments:
Wow! They are absolutely beautiful. I've never seen a brooch like your wedding brooch. Something so simple can be something so lovely. The baby brooch is very sweet. Your daughter was very fortunate to receive such an heirloom.
Liz they are such beautiful brooches !
Thanks for playing .
that brooch of sixpences is lovely!
definitely something old ha ha!
xox
Your two brooches are beautiful and such treasures.
Loved catching up on your other tuesday treasures too.
It's so nice you have double treasure Tuesdays.... grandchildren are such huggable treasures.
I love your brooches and they both have such lovely history too.... Hugz
Fiona
Wow your brooches are absolutely beautiful. What treasures they are. I've never seen a brooch like the one you wore at your wedding either. Great post and thanks for sharing.
They are both lovely brooches with so much history , thanks so much for sharing .
The brooches are lovely.
I have seen bracelets with coins but never a brooch.
what a very unique brooch, i do hope it is treasured for many more life times.
%*_*% rosey
The brooches are really lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment